Choice of the matrix: palm can grow in acid or slightly alkaline soil, the soil should be good drainage, moist and fertile.Temperature management: the culture temperature can be about 22-30℃, not lower than 15℃, nor higher than 35℃.Moisture management: it likes to be moist, you can water it once a week, winter can be 10 days water. Illumination management: want much light but do not be insolated, also can raise in half-shaded place.
A. maintenance method
- matrix selection: palm soil requirements are good drainage, moist and fertile, it can withstand alkali, drought and water resistance, acid or slightly alkaline soil will grow well.
- Temperature management: palm prefers a warm and humid climate, and the normal breeding temperature can be 22-30℃.If it is below 15℃, it will go into a dormancy state. If it is above 35℃, it is not good for growth.
- water management: like the humid environment, but can not be overwatered, can not exist water phenomenon, otherwise, it will rot roots. Generally watering once a week, the summer temperature is high, can increase the number of watering, the winter when the growth is slow, every 10 days or so watering.
- illumination management: it likes sunshine very much, still wants to avoid the illuminate of burning sun nevertheless, also can raise in half-shaded place.
B: breeding skills
- pruning: when transplanting in order to reduce transpiration, improve survival rate, to cut off the leaves, leaving 3-5 leaves, leaving 1-2 heart leaves on the line. But to restore it to its full crown, it takes a little longer, 2-3 years.
- basin change: every 2-3 years to undertake basin change, can be carried out in spring. When changing the pot, add some organic fertilizer to the soil as base fertilizer, and compact the newly filled soil. Put the basin in a cool place and transfer it to a sunny place for maintenance after a week.
Problem diagnosis and treatment
Root rot: after discovering that its roots have rotted away, attention should be paid to water control and careful root pruning. The roots should also be properly disinfected, and the soil should be replaced so that replanting will prevent the roots from rotting again.
- Coconut heart leaf armor: for palm plants seriously infected with insects, the method of pulling out the plant should be adopted for treatment, as well as the chemical control method based on the hanging package of coconut heart leaf armor powder.
C: Other questions
1, can be raised in the home: can be planted, but must meet the needs of palm temperature, soil, water, light and other a series of adaptive conditions.
2, can be planted: because it is native to the tropical rain forest area, can be planted in the indoor greenhouse, outdoor conditions do not meet the requirements of the palm, not easy to survive.